Designed with the Sailor in mind, SailFlow was launched in 2004 to provide a powerful free service to sailors all over the world. SailFlow pioneered many of the capabilities and services that are the backbone of our current generation of products in other areas.
A major upgrade of SailFlow was completed in December 2012. While the old SailFlow is still available for those who prefer the older format, our New SailFlow now utilizes the full power of WeatherFlow’s Weather Engine which has enabled a multitude of key new features plus world-wide weather station and forecast coverage. SailFlow is available in several platforms including Web, iPhone / iPad, and Android applications. Each application offers a powerful FREE service level with additional premium content available for minimal membership fees in the Plus and Pro membership levels..
Important: The same login information that you have used on Old SailFlow will work on the new applications.
- Global Coverage
- Data from over 50,000 weather stations
- Custom maps and data layers enable you to define your sailing area
- Set Alerts for Real Time or Forecast wind speeds delivered by email, text, or through our smart phone applications
- Detailed Nautical Chart underlays
- High resolution Radar and Satellite overlays
- Virtual Stations, giving you a real-time estimate of conditions and a 7 day forecast, for any spot on Earth
- Create multiple “profiles” to include your own weather maps and favorite stations, and share them with your friends.
- Full-screen mode for the ultimate in real time and forecast data display
- Customize your background maps from high contrast, satellite, relief, and more
- High resolution global sea surface temperature maps
- Local tides
- Archived wind conditions
- NWS watches and warnings
- NWS marine forecasts on maps
- General Weather
- Operational Forecaster Daily Briefings
- Scrolling 7 day forecast graphs and multi parameter tables including wave forecasts
- Wind Statistics showing average wind seasons broken down by month and year
- Wind and Weather Widgets to put SailFlow data on your website or blog
The old SailFlow website can still be used here.