Launched in late 2002, iKitesurf is aimed directly at the fast-growing sport of Kitesurfing / Kiteboarding. Starting with the same codebase as iWindsurf.com, iKitesurf has continued to evolve as a separate product. As of Fall 2013, iKitesurf is currently receiving a major upgrade — both in terms of embracing our powerful new weather tools, and in terms of greatly enhanced community features. Brand-new Forums, Classifieds, and Videos pages are up and running, with more community features currently in beta testing. iKitesurf is available in several platforms including Web, iPhone / iPad, and Android applications. Each application offers a powerful FREE service level with additional premium content available for minimal membership fees in the Plus and Pro membership levels.
- Unique mapping system enabling regional wind “snapshots” and navigation for wind awareness.
- Wind Graphs with gusts and lulls.
- Customized alerts to receive via email, or text when a wind threshold was met.
- Wireless Web (WAP) website.
- Incorporation of public domain data (PDD) from airports, buoys, etc. as part of a Free membership.
- Includes Forums, Classifieds, Videos, Cams, and more for a complete Kitesurfing portal.
- MyiK for customizing content for individual user
- Premium operational forecasts produced multiple times perday for key areas of the country.
- Much more!
iKitesurf.com is a great example of what WeatherFlow can do for a target niche audience – satisfying its client’s weather needs and more.
To take a tour or sign up for an account, go to iKitesurf now.